From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bryan Scott
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 5:37 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Oil seal for the chain case cover

Hi all,

I just removed the chain case cover on my 58 Fireflight 361.  From your
experience, do I need to replace the oil seal as part of routine
maintenance, or is that not usually a problem?  If replacement is
recommended, how readily available are the seals?  The service manual shows
a special puller to remove and reinstall it.  How have you folks removed and
installed them in the past (assuming the parts for the puller are not
available)?