[FWDLK] 1959 Dodge: Rebuilt motor - sitting for a year

[FWDLK] 1959 Dodge: Rebuilt motor - sitting for a year

Hello List,

Two quick questions for ya:

It's hard to believe, but it's been a year since I had the motor for my '59 Coronet rebuilt.  I'm finally getting around to getting it in the car, but I have two quick questions:

1.  The motor has been in dry storage, but I have been warned of rebuilt motors "freezing up" if stored after a rebuild for a while.  Should I do anything other than putting a little oil in each cylinder and turn it over by hand?

2.  The guy who rebuilt the motor for me flushed the transmission also, but didn't finish putting it back together.  The shifter mechanism has been removed, and he gave me a little metal cap that he said is part of the mechanism to adjust the transmission.  I have no experience with these transmissions, and was wondering if there was an archive or schematic available that I can refer to when trying to put it back together.

Any help would be appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

Eric Skowron

'56 Chrysler New Yorker