From: <eskowron@xxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:45 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] 1959 Dodge: Rebuilt motor - sitting for a year

> Hello List,
>
> Two quick questions for ya:
>
> It's hard to believe, but it's been a year since I had the motor for my
'59 Coronet rebuilt.  I'm finally getting around to getting it in the car,
but I have two quick questions:

> 1.  The motor has been in dry storage, but I have been warned of rebuilt
motors "freezing up" if stored after a rebuild for a while.  Should I do
anything other than putting a little oil in each cylinder and turn it over
by hand?

> 2.  The guy who rebuilt the motor for me flushed the transmission also,
but didn't finish putting it back together.  The shifter mechanism has been
removed, and he gave me a little metal cap that he said is part of the
mechanism to adjust the transmission.  I have no experience with these
transmissions, and was wondering if there was an archive or schematic
available that I can refer to when trying to put it back together.