Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] This weeks ebay bargain.....

Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] This weeks ebay bargain.....

There was a guy once on ebay with a damaged 426 Hemi  block,.060 over needing a sleeve,but it was a replacement block with no VIN so he figured any VIN could be stamped in it making it a matching #'s engine for the person who needed that date code.His BUY IT NOW was $50,000 and it did bid up to $8,000 and change not meeting the reserve.My 426 Hemi in my Fury is only a few months off of his date code wise and is also a replacement block with no VIN (it was a back up engine for a SS Dart race team),.020 over with no damaged cylinders,I offered to sell him mine for some ridiculously high price much lower than his and he never returned the email.I guess they are only worth those prices when these guys are selling them not buying them.With 426 Crate motors out there for $12,000 complete or $1800 bare unless you have the original engine for your car why would anyone want to pay more(or ask more) for an early Hemi or damaged 426? When mine is due for a rebuild I'm going to put my bare block on Ebay and see what it brings,if I can make $5,000-$10,000 and still buy a new MP block to replace mine I would do it,obviously someone in Ebay land feels these things are worth a ton of money.
Adam Lindenbaum
58 426 Hemi/4 speed Fury
57 Savoy Kustom