[FWDLK] A Couple of Questions - 1955 Plymouth/Dodge V8

[FWDLK] A Couple of Questions - 1955 Plymouth/Dodge V8

Groupies:

I have come across 2 questions, for which I need to tap your expertise:

1.  One gent has a car with the 241 V8.  He's in the process of redoing
the heads.  There is a special tool that is used to verify the distance
between the tip of the valve stem and the valve seat in the head:
C-3436.  From where can that tool be obtained, and/or what alternative
dimension could be used to verify the proper valve position?

2.  Another gent has a car with the 259 V8 and 2-bbl carb.  He says the
carb. bowl empties itself after an overnight/24 hour park.  If out on a
drive and he restarts the engine warm, it acts like it's flooded.  He's
installed a new/rebuilt carb and gets the same phenomenon.  He's also
installed a 1" spacer between the carb and manifold, put a heat shield
around the fuel pump, installed a new exhaust damper, and insulated the
fuel line.  What is causing this phenomenon?

Looking forward to your response!

Thanks,
Jason Rogers
'55 Belvedere 6-cyl.