Re: [FWDLK] He said/She said: TALE-fins...

Re: [FWDLK] He said/She said: TALE-fins...

Yeah, hi, Dick; of course you can't even believe Factory
LITERATURE/documents (let -alone: "advertising") ; so, the 'best' thing,
to do, before altering/restoring, or even selling an original car is to
photograph "everything", to document the car's condition, because, once
an item is removed, and renovated, or replaced with a similar piece, the
car, and its parts'  O.E.M. provenance is subject to question .

An unavoidable situation is that,  once a car changes-hands several
times, "TALE-fins" , regarding its history,  become facts.

Anyone care to imagine what the bogus created-provenance would have
been, had the 1961 Plodge 'made' it onto the pages of Hemming's Classic
Car magazine?

The 'earlier' 1961 all-red "Marilyn Monroe" Super D500 convie started
life as a blue 361 convertible-I've got a photo of it, the day its
'restorer'  bought it, with him sitting inside it.

Neil Vedder