[FWDLK] Dodge Wagon Tailgate Window Question

[FWDLK] Dodge Wagon Tailgate Window Question

I'm working on a '57 Dodge wagon.
Has anybody ever had their power tailgate window regulator apart?
I need to get sand and dirt out of the regulator mechanism and gear teeth.

It worked in the car but was noisy and balky. The mechanism is now out of the tailgate and I've rotated the rubber motor coupler manually to run the lift mechanism up and down. I removed the motor and cleaned what I could but there's still too much dirt in there. The lift arms are binding when I try to run them to the "down" position.

The factory service manual doesn't cover this at all. What's the best way to get the mechanism apart and at what point does that extra large tensioning spring unwind and do nasty things?

Jim Krausmann
Detroit