Re: [FWDLK] Dodge Wagon Tailgate Window Question

Re: [FWDLK] Dodge Wagon Tailgate Window Question

DO NOT REMOVE THE MOTOR WITHOUT PUTTING A LONG BOLT THRU A HOLE ON EACH SIDE OF THE REGULATOR TO ACT AS A STOP. That's if you have it out. In the car, the window keeps it from flying around.
In most of these kind of regulators, the motor keeps it from unwinding. If no hole is near by, clamp it with Vice-grips and put another pair on the unload side as a backup.
For years, I had a slight visible crease in my forehead from one that I pulled apart while holding it in my hand. (That's probably what's wrong with me!!) The only thing that saved me was that when it hit my head the regulator flew out of my hand using up the rest of the energy. This was on my 300 L in about 1976.

Be careful, Ray