[FWDLK] I go into the patch panel business. Sorta.

[FWDLK] I go into the patch panel business. Sorta.

Hey everyone -

Friend and I cleaned out a guy of some odds and ends; he had to dispose of
his collection because his wife got the property in a divorce.

My friend got the real prize, a fairly decent (for New York) '61 Newport 2dr
hardtop.  It rolls, it should run, brakes may even still be up in it, red
interior is pretty decent (has covers over original uhpolstery).  Looks like
a 361-2V, car has an alternator (?).  Bad news is it needs a partial trunk
pan, a rear body crossmember, has some patching in the lower quarters, and
could stand fenders and a nose.  I can get some of the pieces - I know where
there is a '61 Newport 4dr ht in a yard with 1969 Florida sticker on it,
very solid, but it's so far back and overgrown it would take the Army Corps
of Engineers to get it out whole.  On the other hand I can make enough of a
trail to get parts in a day or so.

He's asking $2500 but I haven't done any research to see what's fair.   I do
know it has some expensive parts on it yet - the glass and the dash bubble
add up to about $750 right off the bat.  They only made 9500 or so of these,
so it's a harder to find car.  Located near Utica NY -

I got at least half a dozen pairs of 1957 and 1958 Plymouth headlight
eyebrow patch panels, plus at least three pair of 1959 Plymouth and a bunch
of others.  I know some are '59 Ford; there are some dogleg panels, some
that could be Valiant/Lancer, and some oval ones I have yet to identify.
All have a coat of surface rust, but should be useable if bead blasted.  I
don't know if anyone uses these anymore, but I figured they aught to be good
for $25 a pair or $15 a shot (unless I find nice ones selling cheaper).   So
if anyone wants to try to save fenders with holes over the headlights,
here's a solution -

I also nabbed a '54 or '55 Willys Aero hardtop but its OT and I may have a
buyer already anyhow.

Send me a note off-list if you're interested in any of the above -

Bill K.