Re: [FWDLK] 1958 Dodge Production

Thank you.  I think the CKD theory helps to explain how the USA
production totals are slightly lower than the grand total of cars /
wagons produced.  I guess I'm still stumped by the totals for the plant
serial numbers.  How would you have not enough serial numbers to match
total production figures?  I could understand having more serial numbers
than total production for rejected units or units damaged sometime
during assembly, but how would it work the other way around?  It seems
to indicate that some units did not have serial numbers...maybe some
CKDs have serial numbers and some are so stripped down that they don't?

Total production = 137,942
Total possible serial numbers = 137,148