[FWDLK] Distributors-Petronix

Seeing the subject of distributors has come up maybe my experience will help somebody. When I bought my 59 Fury a few years back I had to do a minor tuneup seeing it had been sitting for a few years.  So I went to NAPA and got points for a ’59 Plymouth 318.  The new points were nowhere like the old points in the distributor.  Went back to NAPA and they reaffirmed they gave me the correct points for a 59 Ply 318.  So one of my “motorhead” sons somehow made the points fit and they worked for a couple of years.    A few years later when I had to change points again I thought to check the # on distributor and it turns out it was from a ’60-61 Dodge or Plymouth so now when I do a tuneup I have to remember to get points for a 60-61 Dodge or Plymouth.

Fins59 - John Z

Mosinee, Wisconsin

1959 Plymouth Sport Fury

1959 Plymouth Fury