Re: [FWDLK] The ForwardLook Web Site...

To all,

I just got home yesterday from my second (and hopefully LAST!!) back surgery, and even though I am still rather "woozy" (and still in considerable pain too, OUCH!!!), had to respond as well. Dave, you and I have known each other a fairly long time, (was even better when we finally got to meat each other at Carlisle a few years back) and must say first, you have been a wonderful friend, and second, you have been a FIN-tastic ?go to guy? for help on any of the 55-61 finned beauties of the Forward Look line, and third, again, a great friend and EXTREMELY hard worker.

And don?t all you others out there in FWDLK land get your feelings hurt, as I would NEVER leave out any of the other buddies that I have known for years and finally got to meet face to face! Just keep in mind though, without Dave and his willingness to not only put up with us, but willing to maintain and keep all this together, I never would have met most of you!

That said though, talk about an AWESOME time to say the least! What still gets me, even today, was it all started with Ron Waters that year at Carlisle. He and those outlandish Hawaiian shirts was the very first person I saw and immediately said to myself, "Hey, I think I know that guy!? And the cars, oh my the fields of cars, so many of which I have seen for years on the FWDLK mailing list and the website. So many people who I had made REAL friends with, but sadly thought I would never meet, much less all at once! Talking all year long about everything under the sun on the list, and then the anticipation would start for Carlisle and the threads would go crazy! And, after reading all this every year, and talking with those that went, he one thing that I always wanted to experience, as well as one of the MANY people I wanted to meet (besides Dave Stragand, of course, he was ALWAYS first on the list!) was Jack Johnson. To finally chat with him WITHOUT typing, and try some of this kettle corn that EVERYONE always seems to talk about after the show. Talk about one FWDLK piece of history that was worth every minute of my drive there from the sleepy little Texas town I live in (BTW Jack, that bag you gave me for the road lasted to about the Arkansas state line. However, rushing home to beat an oncoming hurricane made THAT the perfect snack to have, as it didn't require me to have to stop for any "restroom" breaks. And yes, as promised, I did save some for my dear wife too, for which she made it VERY clear that when I return to Carlisle, she is going, AND getting her some kettle corn FIRST THING!!!).

And even though this email is generally focused around one year at a Carlisle event, getting to that point, the reason for going, the people I wanted to meet, all of it, would not have been possible, nor even KNOWN about without all of Dave?s hard work, dedication, and willingness to keep the site and mailing list alive (through "pissin' matches", fights, friends, and even loved ones who are now sharing notes with Exner himself).

Now, with all that said, it wouldn't be fair to give Dave ALL the credit, as MRS. Juley deserves a good bit of it too! She knew of the list and Dave's dedication to it when she met him, but as soon as the vows were spoken and forever sealed into the Stragand family heritage, it could have been very easy for her to ask that he pull the plug. HOWEVER, after meeting Juley, and not only seeing what a compliment she is to AND for Dave, I also found she is a "car appreciator" herself, and as such, someone who would definitely understand the need we here on the FWDKL have for the site and the mailing list that Dave has bestowed upon us. So, I would personally like to thank the Stragand family as a whole.

Dave and Jules, for ALL that you have done for us, and continue to do for us to this very day, thank you. Thank you VERY VERY much! And please, rest easy knowing that at the very least, this is one part of your lives that IS still up, running and happily being used. So again, THANK YOU!!

Now, I think I will sign off as the meds that I am on are really kicking in and I'm afraid of what I may type (or try and type), or before rambling on to much (well, more than I already have anyway, LOL!). I will, however say that for all that the Stragands do for us; they could still use all the help they can get from FWDLK members. This means keeping the site and mailing list up and running, maintaining the two, constantly making improvements to both subjects, hosting for FWDLK members, the list goes on and on. So please, PLEASE do your part if you are able too! Either go to the FWDLK homepage and donate or just drop the Stragands (boy, does that ever feel weird to be saying!! Then again, you two ARE the perfect couple. Congrats and may you both live a long and happy, sometime spontaneous but mostly love filled life!) Where was I?!?!? Oh yeah, drop the Stragands a note and see if there is anything you can do to help keep the FWDLK MoPar Mailing List and the Forwardlook.net website alive and well for years to come.

Again, thank you Dave, I honestly do appreciate everything you have created here, and through everything, were willing to keep going. Also, thank you to Juley for being that very special piece to the puzzle of Dave's life to make him complete, but at the same time, sharing in his desires, and keeping him motivated, but most of all, for sharing him with us as well. It takes a very special person to not only love a car nut, but it takes a super doper special person to love and share a car AND web engrossed person. And for you being that person for him, as well as one of the nicest ?car guys wives? I have met to date, thank you too. It was an honor to meet you as well, and couldn?t be happier to hear of your recent marriage.

Thanks, take care, be well, and thank the drug companies for this email being so long......

Hope to see ALL of you again soon!
Clay Wood
1958 Plymouth Belvedere (she's all that's left.... all my others had to go to other homes due to financial problems, BUT will someday be replaced!!!)
http://www.mocarz.com - when my back heals, MoCarz will rise again and do so with a very LARGE BANG!! Check in from time to time!