Re: [FWDLK] Limeys !!!

David Gedraitis wrote:

To be completely off topic, glasses are amorphous solids. There is a fundamental structural divide between amorphous solids (including glasses) and crystalline solids. Structurally, glasses are similar to liquids, but that doesn't mean they are liquid.
<>Dave

"Rimington, Kenneth" <Kenneth.Rimington@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Glass is a liquid. Glass seems solid, but the molecules move
around slowly (meeting the definition of a liquid). Checkout old
glass in museums and the bottom will be thicker than the top
because of sagging over time. Because glass molecules move
around, some of the calcium buildup may be entrained in the glass
surface. This is where glass polishing kits help remove the top
surface of the glass. The result is clear windows. Be careful to
not generate he! at or a stress riser will form and the glass will
break.
let me know if anyone found this info helpful.

One wonders how would the 'speed of molecular movement in glass can be measured, and could the speed be altered enough to foil police radars

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy