Re: [FWDLK] Canadian Regals, Custom Royals & D-500s

Re: [FWDLK] Canadian Regals, Custom Royals & D-500s

The Canadian plant did not build convertibles of any kind from 1937 through
1962, and did not build 1956-59 DeSoto Adventurers, 1955-1965 Chrysler 300
letter series, 1956-61 Dodge D-500/D-501, 1956-58 Plymouth Fury, 1959
Plymouth Sport Fury, 1962-63 Plymouth Sport Fury, 1961 Dodge Polara, 1962-63
Dodge Polara 500, 1961 DeSoto, 1961-62 Dodge Lancer, 1963-66 Dodge Dart,
1962-64 Dodge 880, Max-Wedge engined vehicles or 426 Hemi engined vehicles.

Nor did Chrysler Canada build DeSoto wagons, Chrysler wagons, or the big
Dodge (Sierra, Custom Sierra, 1960 Polara) wagons.

If you wanted any of the vehicles mentioned in the first paragraph, with the
exception of convertibles. you had to place a special order with your local
dealer, while waving a wad of hundreds in front of his nose.   Convertibles
and wagons needed just a regular order.

Not sure about the Regals, though,  Still doing research on them.

The 1958 engines were the 251 flathead six for the Plymouth-based Crusader
and Regent (LE1) while the 313 was used in the Plymouth-based Crusader,
Regent and Mayfair  (LE2).  The Canadian Custom Royal used Chrysler's 354
poly V8.  No B block engines for Chrysler Canada until 1959.

Bill
Vancouver, BC