[FWDLK] Canadian Regals, Custom Royals & D-500s

[FWDLK] Canadian Regals, Custom Royals & D-500s

Hello All:

Awhile back Bill Watson sent us production figures for Dodge in 1958.  According to the production figures, there were 5,097 Custom Royal models produced at the Windsor plant in Canada.  I assume this number was divided among Lancer coupes, Lancer sedans, Lancer convertibles, and sedans.  There were 1,163 Regal models produced and a total of 7,617 D-500 engines spread across the approximately 130,000+ Dodges built that year.  Does anyone know if these numbers are exclusive of one another, i.e. were Regals and D-500s just built in the United States or were some of this model and these engines built in Canada?   I assumed that all Regals and all D-500s were built in the United States, but I don’t know if that’s true.  The figures seem to indicate that Canadian Dodges had their own engine configurations, 354 cid, 313 cid, and 251 cid.

Thanks,

Mike