[FWDLK] cost of rebuilding a 331 hemi

Hi every one I have a Question or two to ask?

 I have a 1955 new Yorker that the engine had a bearing go bad last summer {coming home from a show} So last fall I sent the engine to the best shop in the area to have rebuilt and was told a rough cost about 3,800.00   I just received a call saying the machine shop that does there machining  is charging them more to do the machine work and the total will be about 5,200.00.

This is going to be a complete overhaul on the engine as I do want it done right the first time. But I was not expecting this cost. I was wondering what other forwardlook members have paid for there HEMI overhauling.

While I am getting the engine redone I am almost finished the engine compartment detailing and if any one has any Advice on what goes were or the proper location of engine compartment items please let me know.

Chuck Deyoe

1955 New Yorker 4 door sedan.