Re: [FWDLK] gas gauge full = 1/2

The sender on my '58 Sierra was 'Rusted Beyond all Reason' and so I tried to
use a M*stang sender which has the same flange.

Turns out the F*rd sender has a resistance around 75 Ohms 'Empty,' and by
connecting some series resistors, it looked like the MoPar gauge drops to
empty right around 200 Ohms.  (A full tank will read maybe around 10-20 ohms
I would guess?)

So now mine goes from F to around 5/8 then it's time to fill up or carry a
can!

Anyone know of a source for new senders for FL cars?

I sent mine to AutoInstruments.com and they kept it a few weeks then sent it
back to me as 'hopeless . . . ' (well, I knew that, but I was hoping they
could build me a new one using the old one as a model!)

Best regards,

-Bob