[FWDLK] information

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question on the oil type and distributor points plate---
On another note, how difficult is it to obtain a V8 engine for my '55 Ply in decent condition? For some time, I have been working on the idea of replacing the 6 cyl on my car with a V8. Some guys tell me that I don't have to modify the suspension since these cars already came with a hefty front suspension for either engine. Also what about brakes, etc?  Any opinions?
thanks!

Jesus '55 Ply Belv