[FWDLK] A Settled argument?

I admittedly know nothing about adjusting a Delorean's coil springs (by
applying a massive amount of dead weight) , but I PM'ed Nick Sperdo, to
suggest that he consider mixing/matching the OEM leaf springs, with the
custom-set, be bought (IF  I undertand his original post) , as the
aftermarket set jacked-up the rear end 6" .

In MY experience (as I've posted several times), I re-used my car's
main-long leafs (to maintain correct length-relationship with  the
bracket & hangar), but stacked upon it the donor leafs from a
stationwagon.

My car's rear end MIGHT have settled a tenth inch, since then (hard to
measure, after all) but
I can not imagine how  properly set-up leaf
springs, especially re-using the OEM main-leaf, could 'just'
settle-down, several inches (without the application of massive
dead-weight!)

If Nick, or anyone else , acquires a second set of springs, my
suggestion, based purely upon my car's experience, with this protocol,
which is now aged about 8 years, is to consider re-installing the main
leafs  (unless you are certain that the second-set's main leafs will fit
perfectly) , with either the new leafs stacked upon it, or, (if the
resulting ride height is too-tall, or too-stiff) is to mix/match the
new-leafs with the OEM ones, to custom-align the height &/or ride
quality, of the rear end.

Also, the spring "clamps"  affect the ride quality.

300's,  IIRC, have two clamps (as did the S/W springs I acquired)---I
only used one set, on the long-rear section,  & found that the car's
rear was plenty stiff, with only that  one clamp installed.

Neil Vedder