Re: [FWDLK] 1961 Plodge story

The car is not a "Plodge" but a 1961 Dodge Polara that someone has replaced
the front clip with one from a 1961 Plymouth and added a 'toilet seat' unit
from a 1959 or 1960 Plymouth.   The only Dodge to have that unit available
was the 1959 Plymouth-based Dodge - Kingsway Custom or Lancer in export
markets and Dodge Viscount in Canada.  The record player inside the car is
incorrect for 1961, as well.

The car was built at Hamtramck, Michigan, and according to the build record,
which Mr. Garlick purchased from Chrysler Historical, was shipped to a
dealer in Pennsylvania.

The whole story of it being built in Canada and shipped to Mexico is an
outright lie, as Mr. Garlick is well aware.  This same car was going to
appear in an article in one of Hemming's publications but they pulled out
when they found out the whole story was pure fabrication.   According to one
person involved with Hemming's, they blew over $1,000 on photos, etc. and
were not impressed with being taken for a ride.

I wonder how much Mr. Garlick got for this spread?     I wonder what MCG's
response will be when they find out the truth?  (Will have to get a copy of
that issue)

Bill
Vancouver, BC