Re: [FWDLK] Got Acetone ?

In a message dated 4/25/2006 8:03:04 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx writes:
20 gallons of gas translates to a whopping 2-3 OZ of acetone, which aids
in fuel burning (& increases octane rating, too, according to the
Hmmmm Neil,
    My math is not all that good, but I can't come up, anywhere close to your answer of 2-3 oz to 20 gal.
  1 gal is 128 oz by volume.
  20 gal is 2560 oz by volume. Times that by .02% (.0002) = .512 oz or about 1/2 oz by volume.
   Now, if you meant 2% and not .02%, then times 2560 oz by 2% (.02) = 51.2 Oz or 1.6 qt by volume
    Where am I going wrong?
<>Roy<>
Puyallup, Washington