Re: [FWDLK] wiring

Maybe a misunderstanding.

My car has the negative coil connected directly to the distributer.
The positive coil connects to both the ign switch and the ballast resistor.
Then from the ballast resistor to the starter solenoid.

The schematic shows the negative coil directly connected to the ballast resistor.
The positive coil connects to both the ign switch and the radio condensor.
Then from the ballast resistor to the distributer.

The question was "which is correct"?

Rich <RJZ123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi. The coils [+] should get 12V direct while cranking, but 12V thru
the ballast res. while running. This is to preserve the points. The
[-] goes to the distributor, going to ground while the points are closed
and when the points open - POW - spark. So the wiring diagram is right.
To 'hot wire' like a car-thief just run a wire from the battery [+] to
the coil [+]. R.Z.

Cruisin' in S. Florida
http://community.webtv.net/RJZ123/RichsRides

Matt Proske