Re: [FWDLK] wiring

Try this, Ray

On Apr 28, 2006, at 10:25 AM, Matt Proske wrote:

?
My car has the?negative coil connected directly to the distributer. Correct
The positive coil connects to both the ign switch and the ballast resistor. Correct... Ign. switch provides 12 volts during cranking, Ballast provides reduced voltage while running, to keep from burning the points. Note: Ballast Resistors burn out, If engine starts and quits when releasing the key, then it's bad
Then from the ballast resistor to the starter solenoid. Wrong This should be run to the "Run" or "On" side of the Ing. switch. The Solenoid should be run to the "start" terminal of the Ing. switch.
?
The schematic shows the?negative coil directly connected?to the ballast resistor. Wrong
The positive coil connects to both the ign switch and the radio condensor. Correct
Then from the ballast resistor to the distributer. Wrong Wrong Wrong
?
The question was "which is correct"?