[FWDLK] Fw: [FWDLK] '57 Dodge in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Subject: Re: [FWDLK] '57 Dodge in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

see I knew I saw that car before it was a single 4bbl, maybe even a 2bbl but he was installing the 4X2 set up....
New cam?  It did not say...The air cleaners look better now...don't want criticize but I do not think it was like this in 57 or even like this last year for that mater.
debenson2
road2recovery
Box 43873
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55443 USA
debensonii@xxxxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message -----
From: Garrett
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 3:40 PM

I remember that Dodge from a few months ago, as I remember him mentioning the new intake/air filter set-up he was going to install and the crappy picture of it at the bottom of the listing.

As for eBay and feedback, I've purchased a few items from sellers that fall into the "less than 99% category."  Most recently the majority of the complaints about the seller were due to shipping costs.  Shipping costs listed in the actual auction vs. what was listed when looking through the list of items was different (shipping started at a certain amount, but based on the item (box set DVDs, CDs, etc...) could be more, which is what caused the complaints).  They have since corrected it, but the point of this story is that I usually take a look at someone if they have more than usual negative feedback to see what the nature of most of their complaints are.  If it's something such as the shipping issue I mentioned, I'll usually just inquire as to shipping costs before bidding to make sure I have it right, if it sounds like the seller continually rips people off, I'll usually pass.  In this situation, the listing was somewhat misleading, although if you read the entire description (as you should always do), there should have been at least enough info to make you ask about shipping first.

My mom sells a lot of stuff on eBay, and I find it amazing how many questions people ask or how many people complain about a policy of hers (one that is the same as everyone else on eBay most of the time), and everything is clearly stated in the auction listing.  If you don't read it, don't get mad because you're stupid and/or lazy, and if you read it and don't agree, then don't bid.  I have some textbooks that are printed for Ohio State that I sell on eBay (select chapters are printed in the edition instead of the whole thing, "saving" the students some money).  It will be clearly noted in the title and in the auction itself that it is a special edition with only select chapters included...yet people still buy them and then complain when they get the book and it's not all the chapters.  That's when the "All sales are final" stipulation in the auction listing comes in real handy.  I have a hard time feeling sorry for people when all the information is clearly laid out and they don't bother to read it.

Now that I probably sound like a mean ogre, I guess I'll quietly sign off.
Garrett