[FWDLK] Tulsarama-FICATIONS

Well, the Doubletree ("Downtown") is clearly the closest hotel, to the
"venue": 1 block away.

Called it, today, @ 918-587-8000, to check on Reservation-status, &
asked for "Resrervations".

Unbeknownst to me, 'they' transfer 'you' to their DALLAS
main-reservation switchboard.

Spoke with the nice-guy, there, for quite a while before learning
'where' I was calling!

He checked their confuser-system, and determined that the earliest that
they could accept a reservation @ Tulsa, was 1-year-and-1-week, from
today (372 days).

So, it looks like 6/17/06 might be the earliest date to book a
reservation, for the week of 6/11-16/07. Virgil's gonna be reserrected
on FRI 6/15/07.

"He" didn't know anything about the physical amenities, @ the "Downtown"
, so, I recalled Tulsa, & spoke w/a nice lady, there.

She said that the "Downtown"  has covered parking, but that it is "off"
the main-drag by a couple blocks, and that the downtown-area  :"is kinda
dead" .

She said that the car-cruizer-type-people visit the "Warren Place"
Doubletree, which is close to restaurants/shops, etc...

I asked her how far-away was the Warren Place locale, & she said : " 7
-8 MILES", and that she usually takes surface streets to go there (as
she "doesn't like the Freeway").
She also said that the Hotel does "not"  have
a parking-lot system that would permit "display" parking, but that there
are parking lots nearby, where impromptu car-shows could be had.

Soooo, I still plan to be there, & hope that many other Forwardlooking
people do, too...

We could, essentially, 'book' the place, and have our own "International
Car Meet" there.

I plan to arrive there late on TUES, which gives my little group a
couple days to sight-see, before the FRI-festivities.

It always amazed me (when I belonged to the WPC Club) that so-many
people would show-up @ their National Meet's  hotel-venue the day/NIGHT!
before the last-day car show, instead of socializing with the others who
arrived "early", and who had enjoyed the area's
attractions....and each others' cars !!!

Neil Vedder