Re: [FWDLK] eBay

I'm kind of peaved about my single negative feedback.  I won the item, sent a check which supposedly never arrived (it was never cashed, so it was lost somewhere along the way).  About a month later I realized I never got anything and e-mailed the guy.  He was a larger volume seller and communication sucked anyway.  At any rate, after I learned he never got payment I cut another check and sent it the next day (and told him that's what I was doing).  About a week later I got a letter back with my check attached saying the item was no longer in stock...and then he left negative feedback.  Had I just ignored it, I'd never have gotten any feedback most likely.  That was pretty annoying.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] eBay

I have 4 negative feedbacks bringing me down to a 98.4% rating,I can tell you I agree with Bill K. I got one from a guy who bought a Pontiac Tach I was selling for a co-worker,the buyer paid over $200 for it,didn't want to pay for insurance and then complained that I staged the pictures on EBAY because when he got the item the needle was stuck at 6,000 RPMs and in the pics it was on zero.I told him he should have bought insurance and there was nothing I could do,he left me negative feedback.The pisser of all of this is when I checked his recent feedback transactions he had bought the same tach a few items ago broken stuck at 6,000 RPMs!!! He was going to send me one he had bought from someone else for $50 and screw me for the working one if I had sent him a refund! The other 3 negatives were from a scammer who never sent me the item after payment,another from a guy who's sellers name and email mysteriously changed after he sold a ton of rare parts on ebay and luckily I was alittle slow paying him and his switch already had happened so the payment never went thru, I hope not too many people paid him before the big switch,and the other was an item I bought that the seller never replied to my emails and left me a negative for non-payment.I have less than perfect feedback,true,but was any of it my doings? Not in my opinion.I will refund money to someone if it's not the item they thought they were getting,if they feel it's not as described(I describe everything to a T),or any legit reason,I pay as soon as I get an invoice or contact from a seller,but yet I still fall below 99%
Adam Lindenbaum