Re: [FWDLK] More Seat Belt Ideas

In a message dated 5/30/2006 1:17:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Kenneth.Rimington@xxxxxxx writes:
The accessory seat belts for 56 Dodges were attached to a "bar?" within the seat.  This (I assume) was to allow motion of the seat without being restricted by the seat belt.  The restraint forces would be applied to the seat mounting bolts that were in a reinforced plate in the floor.
In that type of belt installations that I saw, the "bar" in the seat was anchored to the floor with a steel cable.  The purpose of this type of installation was to allow moving the seat without having to readjust the seat belt for length.  Unfortunately, I don't remember if this was a strictly Mopar set-up, or an aftermarket thing.

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan