[FWDLK] Thank you

Hi Friends and family,

Over a week has passed since the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, and I'm happy to report that I have fully recovered from the punishing, 40-mile hike.

Here's a brief recap:
  • Men With Heart, 30 strong, raised in the neighborhood of $100,000 for breast cancer research, treatment, and prevention. (Checks are still coming in, so we don't have a final tally yet). Your contribution was an important part of this effort!
  • More than 2600 walkers participated in the 2-day event, collecting $6.3 million in the process -- a record for the Boston walk!
  • MWH made good on its mission to bring camaraderie, levity, and support to the event. We led sing-a-longs. We shared stories.  We distributed pounds of candy, pints of sunscreen and Vaseline, yards of duct tape, plus Ace bandages, band-aids, blister packs and more from our sundries-stuffed backpacks. (See http://www.menwithheart.org/messageboardavon06.html for some appreciative messages from our fellow walkers.)
I am your ambassador on this walk. Such a profound impact -- both on the event and on the cause would not have been possible without you. Thank you for your continuing support!

Douglas Sylvester

"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us;
What we have done for others and the world is immortal" -Albert Pike