Re: [FWDLK] OFF TOPIC BUT PLEASE HELP!

Several things to keep in mind:
Never answer ANY email sent to you about PayPal, eBay or any of your credit card or bank accounts. As has been said, delete them, if possible before opening them.

Note that these spoofs are copies of the real page and it usually says "we are including your name so you know this is from eBay", or words to that effect. And the spoof NEVER has you name on it, usually "Dear Member", or suchlike.

If read, delete after sending them to spoof@xxxxxxxx or spoof@xxxxxxxxxx I also send a copy to spam@xxxxxxx (U. S. U. S. Gov) Try to include the long headers, look in your menu bar for how to do that.

ALWAYS make sure the address in your Browser starts with "https//" this is a secure page. Once logged in to your "My eBay" page or PayPal see if there are any messages for you. If it's a real message from eBay, a copy of it will be on your "My eBay" page.

eBay and PayPal both have sections on how to avoid scams and be secure and lots of tips for your protection. Another thing you can do is to set up "My favorite seller" page with eMail notification. With this if any body (or you) lists something with your ID, you'll get an eMail. You normally use this so you will be notified if someone you've bought from lists new parts.

I've used eBay and PayPal since they were both started with 1 problem (didn't get my $5. item) on eBay and none on PayPal

Be careful, Ray
Ray Jones, Mena, AR in the Ouachita Mountains in western Arkansas
Y'all com'on down and we'll sit ona porch and sip a few.