Re: [FWDLK] OFF TOPIC BUT PLEASE HELP!

We had a first the other day also.  Appeared to be a question from potential buyer and to reply you had to sign in. To start with I knew it was bogus since I didn't have any auctions up.  Sign in was clue then also of course.
----- Original Message -----
From: Garrett
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] OFF TOPIC BUT PLEASE HELP!

I had a pretty good spoof the other day, the "log-in" page opened in a new window using java.  It opened in a window with no menu or buttons or anything, but using the java they put a fake address bar along the top with the address from the real website to make it look legit.  The only thing is they used an address bar that obviously wasn't an internet explorer bar, so that gave it away quickly (also clicking on the address bar made it go away).  I knew from the beginning it was a spoof, but since it had been a while since I had gotten one I wanted to see how well they were doing.  It wasn't bad, but there were some obvious giveaways (aside from the fact they asked for personal information)...such as the copyright info at the bottom of the page was much more long and drawn out than what the bank's actual page.