[FWDLK] IT'S OFFICIAL (hopefully!!)

Alright: I had a follow-up conversation with Ms. Angela Mayhue, @ the
D-T, Tulsa, & will be 'Forwarding' to her, today, our little contract,
where WE have agreed that the D-T  WILL
offer group-discounts to "us"  @ $89.00/nite, for the period 6/ 12 -  17
/07, but, unfortunately with NO AARP discount available --sorry,
old-timers!
The contract will be in force as long/until we continue  filling the
place,  in 10-room "blocks".

I have TUES-SAT reserved, so that counts as 5-of-10, right there. I know
of at least two Mail-Listers who had initially booked the $89.00
rate (before some bright-boy decided to hike the prices, to
$119.00/nite). The D-T will check their individual-reservations, for
6/12-17/07, & give "us" block-credit for those room-dates.

NOW,  (just to make this mo-inneresting) the DT says :"sure, we's got us
417 rooms, here, BUTTT, 152 rooms are ALREADY contractually
'sold', to tour groups, etc..."

So, that "only" leaves us (calculator, please..)
up to 265 rooms, for the 'Entire-World',  to book, each nite!

To get the Super-Duper- Room- Rate, you MUST reference the code-word  :
"FORWARDLOOK" (shouldn't be too hard, to remamber), when you call (ONLY
this number, NOT the actual hotel) which is  the DT's "national
reservations" number : 1-800-222-8733.

Finally,  ( & this is for the multitudinous FWDLK
website's  General-Discussion chatroom's
readers), the D-T is the CLOSEST facility, to the Tulsa County
Courthouse.

If anyone has ever attended a 'Big-Event', he will know that PROXIMITY
to the venue is of critical importance, for logistics, and for social
interaction.

I anticipate , due in part to  Tulsa's seemingly indifferent
"organizational"  attitude, to date, that there might be considerable
confusion  (think 3 Stooges Convention) regarding "Virgil's"
unearthment proceedings, and/or for traffic/crowd control, etcetcetc.

It might be necessary, e.g., to sit on bleachers, all nite, to hold
those good-seats, unless the Tulsarama  Committee takes my suggestion,
that they offer "Admission Packages", which would include Reserved
Seating &/or Car Parade bookings (limited to , maybe, 50-100 cars),
Goodie Bags, Limited-Edition mementoes, etc.).

My point is :  cars of-a-fin, should park-together.

Once you are "in" town,   The D-T provides 'Security-provided' enclosed
parking structure, (which I know MY car will appreciate, as he sun-burns
easily). You can use the hotel as a base-of-operations, to cruise-
around, and to socialize-with, all nite (as has been known to occur @
Chrysler car-meets), AND, you can WALK to/from  "VIRGIL's"  un-earthing
proceedings!

So, for me, anyway, the choice of the D-T is a no-brainer.

And, there are ONLY 265 nitely-rooms available.

Try to get there on TUES 6/12, as 6/13 will be for sight-seeing, & THUR
6/14 should be INSANITY (Okie-style). And, THEN, there's Virgil's
'Birthday' party!!!

DO NOT FORGET to ask for "CITY VIEW, HIGH FLOOR" (as high-up, as
possible).

See you there (Tulsa's downtown SHOULD resemble a Forwardlooking version
of "American Graffitti".)

But, HEY, if the location, or 'dates' are inconvenient to you, you can
always 'wait', and go to the NEXT un-earthment of a brand-new Buried
Forward-looking MoPar.
Neil Vedder