[FWDLK] Engine Mount painting.....

I could PM this question, but will throw it 'out' cause I think it may
be of interest to others....

I'm going to have new engine mount rubber-'cushions' be installed, into
the OEM brackets, which mount to the engine block.

My question(s) is/are: when the subcontractor(?) mated the "isolator"
cushions, to the brackets, what color was the bracket painted?

( My car's brackets have been painted black, but I have seen pics of
'silver-engine' color painted brackets. )

Or (unlikely) , did the factory 'assemble' the motor mounts, & if so,
was the bracket bolted to the block, so that the engine color (silver,
in 1957) was sprayed over the motor mount, with  the top of the
rubber-isolator also getting painted?

Sooo, what color should the motor mount bracket be painted, & should the
rubber isolator
cushion be "natural-rubber", or painted-over (in silver?)

Neil Vedder