Re: [FWDLK] Marvel Mystery Oil (and PB Blaster)

Re: [FWDLK] Marvel Mystery Oil (and PB Blaster)

Hi Guys,
Two things:
1. MMO- Love it!  Back when I was in aviation school in the mid-80's my 200 year old instructor (just kidding) touted it as the end-all, be-all.
So I tried it.  Lives up to each and evey claim.  We used to free up a Lycoming O290D that was in a GPU and hadn't moved since the early 50's!
I use it now on every oil change in my high-mile cars.

2. PB blaster, etc.
Same as above, but one Caveat.
MaMopar has provided one of the best rust penetrants of all time.
It used to be called heat stove lubricant.  This is what was sprayed onto the spring/shaft assembly of the heat valve that generally lives in the passenger's side exhaust manifold.  Really crusty most of the time.
BUT- cuts through rust like nothing else.  I have used it time and again on bolts that NOTHING would free up.  Just sprayed it on, waited about an hour and off they came.
Well, Ma got wise and they now sell it AS rust penetrant.  It is available over-the-counter at any Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer.  About 8 buck a can full pop, but much less if you know someone at your dealership (you guys know what I mean).

Also- SeaFoam- another great product.  They make a gas additive that I have yet to see NOT convert the worst gas possible into usable substance.  Also, great for cleaning carbs, injectors, etc.  Beats the crap out of anything else I have ever used.
Found out about it when working at a Jag dealer.  We added a can at every oil change for our customers.  Worked like a charm.

That's all for now,
Just my pennies,
Charles.