Re: [FWDLK] Marvel Mystery Oil (and PB Blaster)

Re: [FWDLK] Marvel Mystery Oil (and PB Blaster)

Hi Neil,
I would have no problem adding MMO to the oil and Seafoam to the gas.
I don't know what would happen if you put both in to the oil and both into the gas or vice versa.
Any volunteers on that one?

Actually,
the el-cheapo trick I have used for years on my old cars (the ones that still burn a little oil during the 3000 mile interval) is to top off the engine oil about a week before I change it will ATF.  Tranny fluid has a huge amount of detergent in it.  You know a transmission mechanic on sight- his hands are normally spotless!
And the tranny fluid can be the cheapest stuff aviailable- no name .99 cent a quart is just as good as $2.49 mobile synthetic in this application.
So run it for a week, then change the oil.  You will get a whole lot more slug and deposits out and the ATF actually will 're-vitalize' if you will, the valve seals, gaskets, etc.  After a few changes cycles like this I have dissambled engines to find very, very little junk inside of them.
I often suspected that MMO mudt just be ATF without the red dye, but heh- who knows.

Just my pennies,
Charles.