From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ray Jones
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:53 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Lubricate THIS....

The answer is just far better materials and precision parts. Sealed
bearings and permanently lubed Ball Joints changed it all.
We just retired a 90 Plymouth Voyager with 275K on it. It still has all
the original bearings and exhaust. We did replace the front struts and
other suspension parts at about 230K, but that is mainly due to our
address for the last 7 years starts "When you leave the paved road..."
Gravel roads are tough on 'em, especially the way I drive! I always
worked for Imports and thru the early 90's, we got to replace the Ball
Joints (paid well, so we looked for them), but after about '95, we
never had any wear out until very high milage.
We also lost tune ups with electronic Ignition. Which on some of our
models evolved into no Distributor at all. Each plug had it's own coil
controlled off the crank pickup and the Computer.
I still think that Oil changes are due at 3500 or so, it's cheap
insurance.
Ray