[FWDLK] fluid-drive hydro-matic three speed transmission

[FWDLK] fluid-drive hydro-matic three speed transmission

I had an easy time as a early teen learning to drive a “straight stick” because my grand mother had a 1951 Dodge with the above tranny and clutch configuration.  I did not know this at the time.  When she bought a 1960 Valiant, her first purchase of a new car, I  then learned  about really clutches and shifting.

I never really understood this particular transmission configuration and would appreciate one of the list experts throwing some light on it.

Thanks.

Tom Taylor

1955 Coronet (powerflite so no issue with shifting)