[FWDLK] Speedometer plate restoration

Hi everyone,

Some months ago, I wrote that I wanted to find a 200kph speedometer plate for my '58 Plymouth. At the same time, a guy on eBay was selling 150mph speedometer plate reproduction on adhesive, or a full painted reproduction of it if you sent him your original plate. I contacted him and I gave him datas and pictures so that he could reproduce the 200 kph speedometer plate for me. I sent him my original plate and got it back today in the mail. All I can say is that it's a tremendous job, the plate looks better than new and it cost a lot cheaper than an impossible to find NOS part. The job is done through a graphic shop, and they use a process known as "parkerizing" to paint the speedometer plate (I don't know about it).

Anyway, if you do want a 200kph speedometer plate or a 150mph one, I do recommend him and his work.
His email address is : seandavisusmc@xxxxxxxxx and his eBay ID is seandavis333. Tell him Vincent from France sent you.

I would like to thank Jan-Peter Nowak from Finland who gave me a clear, square, full-blown picture of an original 200kph speedometer plate. It would have been impossible to reproduce it without him.

Vincent Van Humbeeck
'58 Plymouth Belvedere (France)