Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] What plays on old AM radios

I recently purchased a CD with old AM radio R&R disc jockey shows on it.  Let me tell you, it doesn?t seem at all as cool as it did then.  R&R didn?t really start rockin? until 1956, although Bill Haley and his Comets recorded Rock Around the Clock in 1954, it was still the top R&R song in 1955.  It took Elvis to really set the R&R radio shows on fire.

I have also seen drive-in movie speakers converted to radio speakers, set on poles outside the car.  This is a cool idea that avoids chopping up the old radio.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA