From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List on behalf of eastern sierra Adj Services
Sent: Mon 8/14/2006 10:35 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] What plays on old AM radios

What I've done (years ago) is find that 60's below-dash Motorola FM
receiver-unit (very 60's looking, and man-sized).

It's been sitting around, the shed, but, recently,
I thought that I'd have it be checked-out, because, for the 19.5 hours
(each way) trip to/from Tulsa, for Virgil's Birthday Party, I could
"rent" a Sirius satellite receiver, & have it broadcast non-stop
50's-60's sounds "to" the
Motorola-guy.

As I understand it, it is possible to short-term rent a satellite
receiver.

If the Motorola checks-out  ok, it'll require  only a short 2-ended male
connector between it & the radio; antenna goes into the Motorola, & the
connecter-lead  goes from the FM to the AM.

Then, the next trick will be  to fabricate a couple strap-brackets, to
suspend/attach  it to   the heater-control housing.

Our small town gets that execrable "Oldies Radio" syndicated 'stuff';
nite time's different, tho.

XM Radio probably has a 50's/60's program, but Sirius' program plays ALL
kindsa Doo-Wop
and B-side/album cuts of "forgotten" groups, which now sound "brand
new", to my ears.

Neil Vedder