Re: [FWDLK] REAR SPEAKER QUESTION

I have got a video, that I bought 15(?) years ago, thru the WPC Club,
which is :"Johnny McQueen, A Cleveland Original". That video is a copy
of a local TV station's documentary of Cleveland's home-made
locally-produced "detective show", which featured local-Cleveland
venues; the show  played for only one season, in 1957.

The cars on that show were all new Mopes, from every Division, including
a Fireflite convertible. provided by dealerships.

About all that remains of the programs are the outside-shot film
footage, of the actors usually exiting/entering buildings, and their use
of the CARS; lotsa great car-footage!

Anyway, a memorable shot shows a Dodge pulling away from a curb, and
it's got two "speakers" on its parcel shelf, but the speakers are on the
driver's side, and in the "middle position", instead of at either end of
the parcel shelf.

Almost certainly, the car had a rear window defroster; I just went out
to my car & confirmed that the under-shelf 'snorkle' can be installed in
either direction, altho 'aimed' toward a  pass-side blower installation
seems to be a more logical arangement , if only because the opposite
side rear speaker would, then, be positioned directly behind the
driver).

This video-car would have had its rear speaker be installed directly in
the middle position, so, maybe the speaker came  'first', and the
defroster was installed 'secondarily', but, probably NOT at the local
Cleveland dealership, because the car was a Coro, & obviously, was a
non-customer-ordered dealer "inventory unit".

And, I KNOW that I've seen photos of other cars with similarly 'off-set'
speaker locations.

btw, this video also shows a Coro,  with single exhaust, but which has
an exhaust deflector installed on it!  Never have seen any other  car
with only one OEM deflector, on it.

[ Anybody know Dr. Peabody's whereabouts?]

My dad had bought a new 57 CRL 2-dr, off of the Factory's "Executive"
lot, in Detroit, & it happened to have only a middle-located rear
speaker.

I distinctly remember 'playing' with the radio's Fader-control , but I
can not specifically recall that the car had a signal-seeking radio.
Front fender antenna, only. I was 7 in 1957, & it was traded-in, in
1962. It was all-white, with a blue interior; non D500.

Neil Vedder