[FWDLK] Continuously breaking rotor (2)

Thanks for all the help I have received !!

The problem seems to be loose motor mountings. Not a broken motor mount (bracket), but a loose nut holding the rubber spool insulator to the frame bracket, allowing the engine to rise just enough for the (rear mounted) distributor to hit the heater body, causing the rotor to break instantly. This only happens under full load, when fully accelerating from a full stop. Did that three times, and broke three rotors…

Haven’t tested it yet, ’cause Fall just hit us here. It’s raining cats and dogs…

Jim Hoekendijk

The Netherlands

’57 Dodge Lancer D-500 x2