Re: [FWDLK] Lifts-Second Time

The instructions that came with the lift were very clear about this, with all the info mentioned below. They also gave good instructions of how to fix a too thin floor. Giving the size to cut out and depths to make for the re-pouring of enough concrete to support the lift. Including going under the existing floor at the edges of the hole to give the new concrete more support. My floor was 4" thick, and they recommend that you drill all the way thru. This gives you an escape if a expansion bolt won't latch and won't come back out. You can knock it thru into the dirt under the lift and re-bolt. That was my only worry, that my floor was going to be too thin. the shop was here when I bought my place.

The 8 bolts in the floor are 3/4" with expansion collars and worked very well. It also can't fall over since it's tied into 3 roof trusses. I over build everything and this lift and my installation fills the bill for me.
Ray