From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of L-FORWARDLOOK automatic
digest system
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 9:01 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 28 Oct 2006 to 29 Oct 2006 (#2006-42)

Topics of the day:

  1. '56 windshield (2)
  2. Sensitivity Adjustment....
  3. For sale/wanted 10-29-2006
  4. Mouse deterrant - car storage (3)
  5. Chrysler Nassau For Sale...

Date:    Sat, 28 Oct 2006 22:07:52 -0700
From:    Rich Barber <c300@xxxxxxx>
Subject: '56 windshield

Regarding the '56 NY glass--the parts book indicates there are three
different windshields in 1955-56 Chryslers/De Sotos.  Sedans & wagons, 2 and
4-dr hardtops and convertibles.  Each was available in clear or Solex.  My
1955 300 has the original Solex tinted glass (mostly) and each piece seems
to carry what appears to be a PPG part number like 19-6.  The parts manual
indicates '55 & '56 Chrysler and De Soto windshields are interchangeable, in
the appropriate body.

So, donors need to know body style and Solex or clear.  It appears there are
about as many combinations and permutations of shape and tint as there are
blood types.

>From what I have read, obtaining a new gasket or successfully rehabbing the
old one might be the greater challenge.

Rich Barber