Re: [FWDLK] Get your new 392 now!

Wayne Graefen wrote:

If I read this whole page correctly at http://tinyurl.com/y9r3mz there are NOW new 392 hemis available from Mopar just as there have been new 426 hemis in recent years. Or am I missing something on the page and this is another upgrade of the 5.7, 6.1 new series motors? Excerpt from link below.
Wayne
392 Technical Specifications To help celebrate the 50th anniversary of the legendary engine, Mopar is launching an all-new 392 HEMI crate motor for a new generation of performance enthusiasts. This engine-built with all new components-is a complete engine assembly from the throttle body to the oil pan, and cranks out 525 horsepower in it most potent form.

Three different versions of the new 392 are available from Mopar:
• P5153604 392 HEMI Crate Engine - Carbureted, 540 horsepower and 490 lb.-ft of torque • P5253605 392 HEMI Crate Engine - SEFI, 525 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque
• P5153603 392 HEMI Long Block HEMI Crate Engine

Technical specifications include:
• Deep-skirted cast iron block with cross-bolted mains
• CNC-ported aluminum twin-plug cylinder heads
• Stainless steel 2.100" intake and 1.600" exhaust valves
• Ovate wire (beehive competition) valve springs
• Viton competition valve stem seals
• 279°/285° hydraulic roller camshaft with 0.584" intake and 0.552" exhaust lift
• Forged pistons (4.055" bore)
• 10.5:1 compression ratio
• Aluminum single plane high rise intake manifold with Holley 870 cfm 4-bbl carburetor for carbureted 392 applications (1)
• 4140 forged steel crankshaft - 3.795" stroke
• 4130 forged- steel I-beam performance connecting rods - 6.200" length
• SFI-approved competition crankshaft damper
• "Plug-and-Play" wiring harnesses (2)
• 80 mm manual throttle body on fuel-injected engines (3)
• Premium tri-metal performance engine bearings
• Precision balanced rotating assembly
• Distributorless coil-on-plug (COP) ignition system

This is the STROKED version of the 5.7 its the 'OPTIONAL" motor in the SRT-8

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy