[FWDLK] Brake Lining Machine

I used to use a similar machine as late as the 1970's while working in a F--d dealership in Terre Haute, IN.  It was to install riveted brake lining to the brake shoe plate.  Although it was effective, I could never get the shoes as clean as I wanted, and was never satisfied when the lining was fitted.  It seemed to not necessarily have full contact, resulting in some squealing after a few hundred miles.  I suppose that if I were doing it now, I would resist more in doing that job, but I was working my way through college, with a young family, and needed the job.  Most of the Old-Timers in the shop scoffed at my comments, and the big boss owner man told me to do it, so I did it.

Ahh, the Good Ole Days....
 Mike Higgins
1955 Belvedere Sport Coupe

Hi ALL,
    I have this brake relining machine in my building that has been setting there for a few years.  It was froze up in all the joints so I decided to put a little Kroil on the joints and after a few days of that, I finally pressed down on he pedal and it went down and I pulled it back up and sprayed a little more Kroil on the joints and it is free as a goose now.  I'm not trying to bring up things to loosen joints again, but am asking if any one knows anything about this machine.
   This is what the tag says  "Scandinavia Brake Relining Equipment"  "No. S  39"  "Scandinavia Relining Co." "Distributors"  "Newark, NJ"   Cast into the machine is "Riess MFG Co".
   It has an electric motor and other parts with it all of which needs cleaned up.
   Any information will be appreciated or any one who used to use this type of maching.
Thank you in advance,

Jack Johnson in Shinglehouse, Pa where Indian Summer had been great this past week---in the upper 50 and lower 60's  Short sleeve shirts for Buck season????