[FWDLK] Keeping a secret....

I've thought about this, before, but since it's a slow news-nite, has
anyone else considered how TOUGH it must have been, (and still IS,
now-a-days) to have a non-top-level position (let's say, @ the Proving
Grounds, but, certainly @ other 'locations', within the Corp) and to
have
direct first-hand knowledge of the appearance, etc, of car models 1-3+
years in ADVANCE  of the "current"  models???

The 57's were brought-out with only two years lead-time, so, if you
worked in an "advance-knowledge"  position, in 1955, wouldn't you have
wanted to wait for the 57's
to come out? (Or, in 1957, waiting for the 60 models, or, even waiting
for the 61's, knowing how 'antiquated' the "finned" cars would be, after
1960??) .

I realize that people 'turned' their cars about every 3 years, but
wouldn't it be hard, to be a 'regular guy', at the factory, & to KNOW
what was coming-out, "soon"....?

Neil Vedder