Re: [FWDLK] rear axle gears needed

Any older 8 3/4 center would fit your rear,just make sure the spline on the pinion yoke is the same as yours.Your best bet is put a '65-'69 C-body 8 3/4 rear assy in your car,drum to drum .It's a bolt in and you can use any center you want from a 57-73 8 3/4 rear,you lose the stupid tapered axle set-up and the brakes are far superior to the original "MYSTERY BRAKES" from the 50's.The only visible difference is you have to weld a bolt on the left axle tube to mount the brake line junction(the vent is in a different spot than the early axles) and if you have your hub caps off you wont see the tapered axle nut and cotter pin.I consider this more of a repair than a modification or "hot rodding" since it visibly doesn't affect the car it just makes it easier to own and drive.
Adam Lindenbaum