[FWDLK] 1956 Chrysler door won't open

My '56 Chrysler wagon's left rear door won't open and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I was able to remove the inside moulding that surrounds the window but not the door panel. It seems that the lock is broken and can't be turned or moved to release the lock rotor that would open the door. There is a lever on the lock that seems to have broken off that controls the rotor. I have sprayed tons of WD-40 and have tried to release the rotor with long screwdrivers and other homemade rods and long slim jim tools, all with no success. The door panel is very nice so I don't want to cut it to gain access to the lock and even then I still don't know how I would release the rotor. Any help greatly appreciated. thanks, Nick Nichols