[FWDLK] Willy Huyett's 1958 Dodge

For those of you who are interested in NHRA “door slammers” or junior stockers, check out

www.coloradoracingmemories.com

The website is really interesting, especially for me – since I don’t know much about stock racing and how fun it was.  This car has been a lot of fun to research and drive.  You can see the Continental Divide Raceway (CDR) records it held and all the statistics.  They are not particularly fast by today’s standards, but I’ve heard for the time, weight, and class – they were flat-out flying.  It held the stock automatic record at CDR for six years from 1966 to 1972.  It may have held a national record too.  I have sent an e-mail to NHRA, but no response so far.  If you have access to old issues of National Dragster, let me know!  I would love to learn more about this car as I continue the restoration.

Thanks,

Mike