Re: [FWDLK] Brakedrum hub puller

NAPA has these on line but very pricey( 188.00). The last time I needed one the local NAPA guy sent me to a local farmer to borrow one, as they are commonly needed for tractor service. He wouldn't take a deposit and I returned it the same day. Worked like a charm. Dick W.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 12:51 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Brakedrum hub puller

I have been looking high and low on the internet and local tool rental stores and shops to see if I could get my hands on the puller that is used specifically to remove the rear brake drums on my 1955 Dodge.  This is the kind that has the “fingers” that slide around the unit and are fastened to the drum with the lugs and lug nuts.  I found one on Ebay but the middle screw part that has the handle you tap on is missing.  Autozone has a tool rental program but they do not have anything that works.  Of course a tool that works with such and old car and not a common tool in its day, I understand why they are not readily available.

Does any one know where I can buy or rent one?  I have pulled the fronts, and everything looks fine.  I have backed off the back brakes.  What happens is that the brake fluid get very hot after I drive the car for 10 miles to the point that the brake light comes on from the pressure.  Strange.  I hear no noise and when it does it and I get down and put my hands on everything including the axle hub, it is not hot.

Tom Taylor